Although this short test is a bit quick and needs more frames in it, I am really pleased how it has come out. In a relatively short time I have addressed all the things I wanted to from my drawing and previous animation development. As I said before I do need to add maybe double the amount of frames in, and possibly slow parts of it down a tad, but that is really what this rough stage is for. professionally it is great to know that I can quite quickly do a rough like this as I am sure clients are always going to want to see quick roughs like this to get a feel for the animations development and how the ideas can be formulated from the storyboard stage.
Another thing I am pleased with is a follow on from what I learnt doing the chinese paper cut animation last month. Some of those slides were pretty shoddy in places, sometimes not even having hands or half a body missing, but, because of the amount of frames, roughly double than what I used in this test, although a longer time frame, allows you to hide small errors. So in this test I played with the idea following on again from my previous tests with putting motion into still images. As you can see from some of the slides I have duplicated some of the lines representing the arms and in places where the hands are, anything basically that would be moving at speed. Again because of the speed of the frames you can't see these small glitches, instead you get a sense of the speed and motion in the animation, and although, again, it does need more frames I believe it is a success.
Next I will print out my own illustrated scenes and cut them up so i can use them like the chinese paper cut test I did previously. this will be incredibly time consuming so might not be feasible, however if it looks really good and works well maybe I can use it in places, or certain scenes to boast the impact. For now though I pleased, but, don’t forget, it needs more frames ;)